Saturday 30 June 2012

When it falls

I ask you to listen a moment
this isn't easy for me
I suggest you take a seat and get comfy
I don't want to take too long to explain
but the words don't fall easy
my chest feels tight as I keep it all inside
I don't want to let it out just yet
for you all to see


I wont waste your time here, you'll be glad you listened
that you took the time out here today
When it falls we cant hide it any more
we cant shelter when we have nothing in sight
the lot just hits us and sends us swimming away in the flow
slipped and fallen and not having a moment to catch your breath


Family is so precious
taken for granted all too often
arguments over nothings 
not realising the what ifs
the anger, the hurt, the pain
the missing and the lonely
family to me is everything
but when it falls away
and you aren't speaking 
and you cant stop falling
and its getting dark
and your crying
but they don't know
they aren't even there


Arguments over nothings
that become some things
that destroy everything
that take away the love
that hold onto the grudge
to be let down
to just think its all okay to be this way
if only they knew how they affected others
how they hurt and push it so deep
and how I am sat picking up the pieces so it seems
I want them to just be how they were
how we all were



I ask you to listen a moment
this isn't easy for me
I suggest you take a seat and get comfy
I dont want to take too long to explain
but the words dont fall easy
I want everyone to be talking
everyone to be respectful
to know how its been taken away before
how we have so little grandparents left
that is all I wanted to say today


Never wish your life away... its just too precious... 


No comments:

Post a Comment