Saturday 16 June 2012

A Moment

Take a moment to hear me, before you run out on me
take a moment to listen to how I feel too
take a moment to hear how it all fell apart
take a moment to see me


see me i ask, as i cry out all we had
watch me, i say as i struggle to control it all
don't just leave me tonight i beg
as i contemplate being here alone


take a moment i plead as you start to walk towards the door
just a minute please, i need to explain it to you more
packed bags in anger, clothes being flung all over
our bedroom a state as you lose your temper
our picture shattered on the floor


not anything to hold on to any more
you just wont take this time to hear it at all
you just scream at me as you start to explode
your tears being spat as you shout at me some more
we both cant help what has happened
we both cant slow it down to try and save us


take a moment i say but the door has been slammed shut
and i am left in this house, i am left in this chaos
i am left to pick up the pieces we both scattered all over the floor
not anything to save, not anything to savour, not anything at all


take a moment
take a moment to think it all through before you just speak it 
take a second to think about what will happen once the news is dropped
a moment
is sometimes too much to ask for
too much to request
too much to expect
a moment, is sometimes just too long.



No comments:

Post a Comment