Saturday 12 May 2012

.... free me

I was walking down this dark street 
the street lights barely led the way
I didn't have my phone with me 
to be honest it was nice just being with me


I was walking down this dark street
the moon was hidden behind the full clouds
the clouds that hinted rain was coming
that a storm was on its way


I was walking down this dark street
my head was starting to ease
the pains that I carried around with me started to fall away
into the gutter with the long boozy nights
with the embarrassment of arguments in public places
with the rows that I like to ignore
I collect the good parts and I store them away
lock them up and throw away the key


I was walking down this dark street
a car drives passed in the distance
passing the houses with lights on inside
seeing peoples movements 
missing the company
but not letting that feeling imprison me


I was walking down this dark street
it had such a feeling of calm
such a feeling of everything's going to be all right
that you cant keep thinking like you do
you cant keep looking backwards
you will trip up
you will fall over
you wont have anybody there to catch you if you continue
you need to let it go


Free me I say to myself as I approach my gate
Free me please I say as the tears start to stream
Free me now as I walk towards my front door
Free me free me free me
I say it once more
I reach for my keys
I put them into my door
I close it behind me shutting out the night
shutting out the past, shutting out the life
shutting out all those thoughts that pull me down 
that hang on and choke me 


Free me now I say as I get into bed
turn off my side light
clear my head
I let myself slip into a deep sleep
and hope the morning will bring with it the calm




I was walking down that dark street
with what felt like the world on my back
trying to ruin all that I've built 
all that I've achieved
break my smile
ruin my chances
but now I am free


*Trying so hard to stay sane* 
LAW OF ATTRACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment