Sunday 16 October 2011

To not know a language...

To not know a language; doesn’t mean you don’t understand it,
To not see the pain, does not mean you don’t feel it,
To not shed a tear, does not mean you aren’t crying inside.
Just because I am not angry with you, doesn’t mean what you did was kind,
That how you treated me was right,
That how I have struggled to deal with the repercussions of your actions, easy.
Just because you don’t remember, doesn’t mean I’ve forgot,
People can do and act in whatever way they choose,
They can say what they think,
Pour their opinions onto others without a care,
Just expecting those below to be drenched in the stigma or attitudes of negativity.
I don’t wish to be that person,
Or that supposed victim,
Just because there are areas of normal life that I struggle with
Of normal actions, or emotions, or forms of feelings, does not mean I am not normal
It just means I am human
Not an untouched feather floating lightly with no past, but a light feather flying through the air, without the weight of what’s been pinning me down,
But with the destiny falling out in front of me,
With the smiles on faces, regardless of the, what and when and how.
To not know a language, doesn’t mean you don’t understand it.
We all have our lives,
We all have our end of the roads...
Acceptance is survival. 


written 11th October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment