Saturday 8 October 2011

His Words

His words were so soft,
His voice so calm,
He reached out to me with his arms outstretched,
I was so wary, 
But I knew what I wanted..




Those times when I was younger and he was my hero,
That time he saved me from the sea's tide,
That time he said he would never let anyone hurt me like that again...


We didn't always see eye to eye,
I would get so upset about the times we fought, 
But I loved him, 
I didn't want to give up on it... 


I know now that I am older, 
And with that I must gain some maturity,
I must learn to allow myself to trust,
I must remember how he saved me,
He is the one man in my life that will never be replaced,
He is the only reason I am who I am today,
Why I have my eye colour, 
Why I have this body frame,
We are so similar and I love that
I need him a lot more than I tell him I do


Because we are getting on again,
I am able to grow up,
I am able to let go of all that shit that's behind me,
I am able to float through the sky, 
Like a feather,
Taken by the breeze,
Nothing holding me back any more,
Nothing in my way.


He is the best guy I'll ever be lucky enough to meet,
And I look to my wedding day,
I look to the birth of my first child,
Introducing my new family to my hero.


To the man who has always protected me,
Who taught me right from wrong,
Who kept me on the right track 




This is to my amazing Dad,
I love him 
More than words will ever say.


 -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment