Monday 13 February 2012

Shit rolls down

Split second decisions.. 
Lifetime repercussions
Knowing it was all as it should be 
But wishing you'd had that chance to meet


How can you miss something you've not had - I'd say
How can you crave the taste you've never grasped
Imagination is my answer, 
The dreams they act it out, hoping one day it will create itself in flesh


Foggy moments lose me every time,
The feeling of complete lack of hope and smiles
But that rose did grow from concrete
Reminding us all there is a why and a where and a how 


Dreaming that this girl may someday pass me again, 
Her face has visited me of recent nights 
My ex girlfriend - The one from the start
Thinking in my heart it could be different given that extra chance


But then I wake up, pillow tightly hugged, alone I feel
Takes over me like a shadow 
Fills the room seeping under the doors and blocking out all the light


Would you believe me if I said
A tear fell for you the other night
I had stumbled upon a picture of you 
I wasn't thinking about it or you or anything
Just fell down my cheek and I thought oh god


Coat on, Scarf on, Hood up, head down, 
Smile is fading away
Stop it, Try and control it
Catch it before you drop it
Hold it with both hands
Keep it from the wind and chilled nights


Look up at the sky, see the stars burst out into the night
Dancing above our heads
See the moon reminding us all of why
Grab it, the future
Envisage it all 
Never let go of that smile again


She wouldn't want you to and deep down you don't want to 


Hold on forever, grab and take all that you want and leave those you couldn't have
Never forgotten, but you need the freeness for new things now 


-x-x-x-




[Sometimes I feel like I could physically grab hold of my emotion and smash it against my wall, other times it's my only company...]



No comments:

Post a Comment