Sunday 24 July 2011

How it all began.

I never really thought about much at all when younger,
I used to get up, breakfast, school, home time, dinner, bed,
I never used to sit and write my thoughts out,
I never used to worry about a thing. 


I used to dream of being clever, 
I used to dream big,
I used to strive for it all,
I used to plan my future with such innocence.


I am not where I thought I'd be,
Does life ever play out how you think,
Are we all just striving for the impossible?
Is it all just a cruel game?


I never became that person I used to dream of being 
I didn't steer myself onto the right path,
But wow, my life has been so colourful,
I don't regret a second.


Now I need to continue skipping,
along this yellow brick road,
Bigger picture, bigger dreams,
Bigger reality.


I am still the little girl,
She is still in me,
She will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment