Thursday 21 August 2014

Steps

I wasn't sure where to go today
everywhere seemed consumed by life
I just needed the air tonight - somewhere free

I must have walked for hours searching for that peace of mind
sometimes I feel I spend my life looking
I didn't want anyone knowing the depths I was swimming in
no need to worry them
just plod on with it I think to myself
until the day you find it

I came across them today
they soothed every part of my being
spring cleaned my mind of its stress and worry
and cleaned up the messes people had left behind
the steps
the steps that kept me in the right direction
they knew to take me higher
knew I would cope

I wasn't sure what to say today
so I snuck off
blended in with the dark heavy grey clouds
fragmented rain
the blistering wind
I let it take me off the ground
I let it blow me into the distance
I landed suddenly
the steps caught my fall
they were there ready to deal with it all
again
steps
steps of relief
steps of certainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment