Wednesday 6 August 2014

Ripped Jeans

I don't ask anyone to come in anymore
for the room is just falling apart
the house isn't the bright and breezy place it once was to me 
I look around at scattered life falling off chairs and marking my walls and it makes me sad
I don't ask anyone to come over anymore 
- for to see this, would open a can of worms

I tried to clean it all up today
the rain was falling down outside and I didn't want to venture out
but the stains wouldn't budge from the surface
I seemed to just make them worse
I don't ask anyone to help me anymore
for I don't even know what I am trying to do

the night rolled around faster today than I am used to
the clouds filled the sky and then it turned black
I walked outside into my garden and I looked up
I saw the glistening planets in the distance 
all blinking at me 
I felt the emotions build up inside me 
I couldn't keep it back anymore
I couldn't hide it from anyone
I was just stood there and it felt like the sky was falling in on me
it became darker and it became colder 
and I started to shiver 
and I started to worry

I don't ask anyone to come in anymore
for the room is just too messy
the place is falling down around me
and I am starting to feel trapped
I want to become the free bird I always was
the one who wanted to fly higher than anyone
to touch the clouds with my hands
to just disappear when I wanted to 
not to be tied down
not to be kept in a box
not to be packed up
not to be labelled
not to belong to anyone but myself
to be my own person
to grow up and become better
work harder
try harder
go hard or go home I say
its all I can muster
do everything in your power
and when you can't give anymore
time-out
call it a day
pack yourselves up and be on your way
and walk down the untried roads
entwining with dreams and nightmares
entangled in my past and future worries
and all boxed up with a bow
and try and outrun me 
see how fast you can go
trust me I will go faster than you
I will sprint
I will let my feet bleed
I will let myself ache so much I feel sick
I'll be sick
I'll outrun you
watch me go
see me leave
see me in the distance climbing a tree
climbing so high
seeing it all
standing on top of the tallest branch
holding on
balancing 
letting go
feeling free
to the ground 
I will fall
watch me now 
don't catch my fall
let me be what I will be 
don't you ever try and stop me....

No comments:

Post a Comment