Sunday 29 September 2013

Free fall...

Quick, I am falling here I can see the floor getting closer
yet you just stand there, like this is dreaming, like you are tripping
girl this is real, I am falling faster getting closer and you have just blinked and looked impatient
like what are you doing here, if you had no real desire to help me, protect me, support me
just to stand there now and watch me
closer and closer
I can see the houses and the fields and the sky is out of my reach
and the weather is changing and my heart is beating faster and faster as I get closer and closer
I'm screaming at you to catch me
to notice me to please look up and see me
I know you can feel me, I know you hear my heart at night
I know you feel my heart crush at the sound of your demise the sound of you leaving
the door closing, the slam of the door against my beating heart, no wall up, no trap door
just bare feelings
bare emotions
tears are falling out of my eyes as the floor is about to swallow me up
shatter my body
take apart my soul
as you just stand and wait
stand and contemplate walking away
watching you go as I accept my end
accept the last page
accept the happy ending.. was never for me
it wasn't written that way for me
it was never about me or you
just people and lives
and crashing and battling
and just waiting for that soul to meet mine
to hold me up away from the trouble
catch all my tears and keep me upright
to look up and see me fall
and to stop it all before it was too late
before you had walked away and shut that gate
wow its closer now
I can feel the pain before I even hit the floor
CRASH!!
SLAM!!
shattered and over and out
over and out
over and out
turn out the light
shut out the world 
shut it out for good..
waiting
waiting for round two
Are You Ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment