Tuesday 10 September 2013

Compassion

Do they know the meaning?
Am I the only one?
Do I live this life alone?
I watch them play with the devil
I hear them spit their words of vile
I watch the drama all kick off
I stay back
I avoid all this and that
I have tasted the poison before
- It didn't hook me
I only hope you all will see
The way you used to be and the way you claim to be
I hope your footsteps become tougher as you trudge on through your days
Watching those you hurt and bullied become stronger
Watch them pass you on that ladder
Watch them succeed in all the ways you can't
Watch them pass exams and graduate with pride
Don't hate them - But I guess you know of nothing else
As they help you too, with the love you never dealt
Watch them sit and listen and care
and not hold this upon you, like you did to them
and when we all say goodbye and bow on our last scene
Understand my words and see that whatever you may have said or threw at me then
Today I am okay 
I am strong 
Do they even know the meaning?
Compassion
Determination
Inner Strength 

No comments:

Post a Comment