Friday 3 May 2013

Rumbled Years



Counting the years as they pass me by
looking up to the stars and wondering why
we must endure such transformation in order to grow...

I look for the signs that the age has grabbed hold
that it is pulling me backwards or dragging me forwards
that the times I remember can be seen on my skin or through my eyes


Sunshine blinds me as I walk the paths I love
the moments I remember with such adoration
the people that I wish I never lost

Milestones and wind swept days
hurling the drama at the walls
damaging all it crosses as it smashes the scenery
choking on the fear and the tears and the smiles and the laughs
blowing out the candles and wishing for the better or the impossible
never forgetting the young times
the innocent times
the laughter, bouncing castles, cakes, sweets, picnics, sunshine 
all wrapped up in a bow - like a present
that unravels childhood


I love that we grow older, that the face changes with the journey we decipher
the paths are entwining and the memories enlightening 
and altogether so bright and inviting
and nothing matters and nothing gets ruined
and sometimes nothing lasts
but us as people, as individual adventures 
strolling through the maze of our minds
strengthening and broadening and updating our wisdom

Forever grateful, learning to accept all that I have and haven't
the smile is fixed 
Happy Birthday to me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment