Saturday 3 March 2012

Nothing of any importance

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with it all
That if I continue I might just burst
That I might just show it all and in the end let you down


Sometimes I find it surrounds me like fog and I want it to stay for the company
I want to drag it around with me like a security blanket
Wear it as a coat
Introduce it to you like its an actual being


I don't wonder in the dark as much as I'd like to
I don't act on my thoughts as much as I should
I don't spend too much time thinking about things, if ALL the time is OK
I don't analyse too much - OK now I am lying


I wish I could be lying on a beach somewhere
With those I need around me
With the love obvious 
Holding hands, kissing and just enjoying all LOVE brings 
And then I wake up...




If I could, I'd be so much more
I'd show you all the capabilities of this life I have 
I'd push myself further each day
I'd get that excitement in your stomach when you take a risk
I'd love fast and deep and embrace every moment
I'd savour every last memory and time with that one
I wouldn't throw it to the floor so that it slammed against the concrete
So that it broke into a thousand pieces
Pieces I have been searching for, for years


So long now that I've forgotten what it even looked like
What it even feels like
What it makes you do and want and show and believe in
To believe shows faith
Faith shows trust
Trust shows desire
Desire to be where you want, whatever the cost
Love whoever you want, whatever the opinion of others


Show love to somebody in spite of those who dislike it
Or don't understand it
As I do reckon people dislike in fear
Fear of not understanding
Of not willing to understand
Of not willing to listen and try and see it through different eyes
Eyes that see beauty in each and everyone
However much they try to hide it
Bury it so deep they forget they have it
Forget they had felt it before




Brain travels back to this time last year
So in love and free and full to the brim
Like I could explode in front of you all
Like I could float on my feelings as they were bringing me higher
But it was OK then
I was happy to burst with it
I was happy to burst because I knew she would catch it
Catch every piece of it 
So I didn't lose a drop of it
Drop of Love 
Drop of me 
Part of me
A part of me I'll never get back 




Bye for now -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment