Thursday 1 March 2012

Need to stop and remember

It wasn't the last straw really,
It just felt like it, 
Like it often does when you forget to blow off some steam


That if you allow it too, life will control you
You need to always remember you are driving it
You need to control life
Control what you do
Never blame the other or the weather or the drink
Never blame the situation or the lack of sleep or the mood swing
Accept every misfortune as a result of bad decisions
Of bad steering, of letting life control you




Such a young age and such a broad opinion of the world I am in
Such a small time but such honest opinions 
I don't believe too much in mistakes
I believe in trying and trying until there is no try left
Until the hands are bleeding from all the work 
Until your brain is as dry as the sand and there's nothing left to create
Until the time is almost going backwards and your time is up




I never thought I had it in me until tonight
I was at my gym and I was ready to back up and let life control me
But I figured I would push for more
I believed my body had more to give
And it did, it made me proud it was capable
I made me proud I was capable


Which is where I will leave tonight's little thought
I will pop off to bed in a short while and sleep off the day my body has carried me through 
And I will stop and remember that I am lucky enough to be here
The news shouts at you about the way things are for some and others and you and it makes you stop and think 
Stop and think
Stop and think and think some more


Each day will be what you want from it
It will rain if you let it
It will be warm and sunny if you make it
You will smile if you chose to and you will cry if you don't prevent it


Shoulda' Woulda' Coulda'... Last words of a fool...
Remember that!!!


Go out get it grab it with both hands and don't let it go until the blood is pouring down your arm, 
Work hard and life will do the rest :) 




ONE OF MY FAVE SONGS RIGHT NOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment