Friday 23 October 2015

Tell Me The Tales of Times Gone By

tell me the tales of times gone by
lose me in your words and your descriptions of love
watch me as i drift off to the clouds above and float like an angel
undamaged unhurt, never loved,
look into my glistening eyes in the distant sun and look at all the beauty
no secrets in my eyes, no hurt in my soul just pure and clean

tell me the tales of times gone by
and watch me try to hide the pain
as you detail your loss and struggle, watch me struggle to listen
as i pace the room raising  my voice so loud, trying to understand how you could have let such great things go
you calm me down, you sit me down and you tell me that sometimes this is how our life can go

it was not just the hurts or the losses it was the deaths too
it was all crazy and all lost, and all caught up in the storms

tell me the tales of times gone by
of all of my mistakes
of all of my regrets and how sometimes it was not meant
building another layer, fitting another wall
dragging myself through the days and weeks, and wondering when i look back over my shoulder where all the time had gone

wrap it up now please,
be careful with what is left, its all i have
see me off on my journey again and trust in me
i will do my best to keep it happy
keep  it real and to i will look forward to falling in love again
until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment