Thursday 12 November 2015

Clean cut, maybe not

Take away the cluttered messes
Please open the curtains
Let in the light for once
As it brightens the room you will see the dust
Collecting over the years your life has been lived dormantly
Trust me when I tell you I've been here before
I've had so much hurt
I sometimes feel so very ill from it all
I often wonder how I got myself through

My life has been a real maze
Blessed with so much
But I won't lie, I have lost so much too

I can't explain how I feel tonight
I decided to write for the sake
I want to tell you how I smile these days
How I see the dimples in my cheeks form
How I walked to my car after the gym and I looked up at the dark night sky
How I breathed in life
How good it felt
How alive I feel
How great life is
How I am happy and I wanted you to know
Maybe this doesn't rhyme but that's OK
Life isn't always so clean cut

No comments:

Post a Comment