Thursday 18 April 2013

I Can't See The Love Anymore

I look at you and the eye contact is disrupted
you don't want to look at me any more
you don't have that spark any more
you don't have a thing

I go to touch your hand and your out of my reach
you are so far away its like we aren't walking together
you are not listening to me
I am crying and you don't hear it

I wish to go backwards - but the door is no longer existent
I am told to move along
to look straight ahead
to look back will cut me but I cant resist 

I try to get us back but there's nothing left to hold on to
you say nothing is wrong
even though you have just pulled the carpet from under my feet
you have ruined all I thought I had

I step back
I shake myself hard as if to reset it all
I tell myself to want more is too painful
to just say my peace and walk away
like it happened but didn't work out

accept that this happens in life
not everything can be saved
the heart stops eventually
no one's fault - no blame

Just life being life
death being death
building a bridge and just running over it 

No comments:

Post a Comment