Saturday 22 December 2012

Chilled Air, Warm Heart

seeing it with reborn eyes
wishing it away with every ounce of me 
dragging my nails through the walls that won't fall
thinking so much it starts to hurt

Watching myself through someone else's view 
wondering how I expect anyone to know 
when I play with my many faces - the clown is getting tired



I believe in more than you'll ever think
I see more happen than people realise
I have always been that girl that watches and soaks up all the struggles people try to hide
I feel so drained with peoples lives I sometimes dont know how I stand up at all
I feel so moved by peoples lives, I am surprised I never stop crying
I am so helpless when it comes to peoples situations I feel I can never forgive myself
I am always so involved in other people, I forget I have a life to live at all..
Sometimes I catch myself in the mirror and I can see my inner self screaming at the top of her lungs,
"What about me, what about me?" 
But I brush her away with a stroke of mascara, fix my hair and be on my way..
I get so down sometimes, because I am worried I will never remember how to be about me and not about them or you or her or him... 
Just get up and have a day for me, leave my phone, leave the social networks and just live for me... 

The air is colder this time of year, we dress up with more layers, covering ourselves up, dreaming of the sunny days...
You know... I miss the sunny days, the ones I had a smile for me.... because of me and my life.... 
2013- I will be getting me back 

No comments:

Post a Comment