Tuesday 31 January 2012

how do we ever know

where it is we are going,
where it is we are walking 

what direction our life is headed
if we try hard enough can we drag it our own way
why does it feel like people are stopping you?

how do we ever know the purpose of our lives 
to die having changed something, fought for something, made a difference
at least accomplished some of your childhood dreams
at least made yourself proud
fall in love, start a family, build a career
buy material items, furnish your own place
say "I do" when the moment presents itself


pretty intense you may think for a random Tuesday, 
but this is literally how my brain operates
and how my mind thinks and challenges me day by day

The life I lead is mine, 
It will only ever be mine, 
Whether sharing it with a partner or not, 
I live my life for me
and sometimes I do feel I forget to see
the bigger picture
eyes straining
days changing
finally seeing
blurred visions move into clear ones
and there it is...
My destiny...



No comments:

Post a Comment