Saturday 13 August 2011

Walking back over the same old roads...


Seriously, love this dude- he is my cousin, check him out on Youtube- Kaiben!!










This song inspired these thoughts..




Footsteps below me
Smaller than I remember
Imprinted thoughts stay with me
Of those times long forgotten


Piles of memories fill the rooms
Boxed away in your minds cupboards
Blurry over time 
Innocence like that first scrape on your knee


Nothing is touched any more
The house is just the shell
The shell with so many secrets
You almost will it to tell 


This house is on this road
It will remain this way after we depart
&& it started here nearly 100 years ago


Families have come and gone
Made each room shake with the atmosphere they created
Every smile, every candle, every birthday cake
I am willing the house to tell the secrets of times gone by


Until that day 
That day it is pulled down
Here it will remain
My home, our home
On this road, in this street, in this place....




Thank you for such a lovely time!





No comments:

Post a Comment