Thursday 27 May 2021

Circle of closure

So tonight is the eve of what could be quite a rough day tomorrow
The end of a triumphant year for some and for others a painful end for what has been a tough time 

When I came into this sector life was full but plain
It was the beige of existence and I was just tired of feeling numbed by the days
Watching the clock and just generally feeling tired 

I jumped in feet first into this sector because I felt I had this edge
Something inside of me that could be unleashed into the world and heads of others

I have loved every second of it
Adults have let me down over the years but these individuals have kept me thriving
They have kept me young as strange as that sounds

Tomorrow marks the end of that for many of these people I have gotten to know over the years
Nurtured them into the adults they leave us as

I expect the tears to fall but as to why I am not 100% sure
For I have just worked so hard to support them and advise them and now I feel sadness at their departure

I will miss them
The banter 
The teaching of minds
Hearing them learn and the penny falling
The comments over the years have made me feel so necessary 
In contrast to a time I felt such little purpose 

Some of the hardest times of my life in these passed 12 months
And these individuals kept me sane
Kept me focussed 

I really don’t know how I will be afterwards
But somebody I know told me about this circle ⭕️ 
We all have to process an ending
They might have started their chapter with me
But this is where their new book starts
I can’t be with them forever 
I need to feel happy for them
Proud of them 

I will grieve but I know I have done all that I could 
Made them laugh and helped them learn 
And now I will wish them well
Wave them off onto their next adventure

It will be emotional 
I feel it now as I write this and have been for several months 

“Goodbye” has never been my favourite part of living
But it is essential 
It will level up my resilience 

I hope for their success and pray for their happiness

Onwards and upwards

No comments:

Post a Comment