Friday 14 May 2021

Sit down

Come and sit down 
Sit with me for a while whilst I search my heart for the words to express my feelings
Not sure if this is heartbreak or regret
I feel like I could explode at the actuality of my racing thoughts

Where did that time even go anyway 
I mean wtaf
This was not in my training

I feel heavy with the weight of the world on my shoulders 
I feel a bizarre feeling flooding my thoughts and mind
I mean is this what it feels like 
Is this what it felt like to my role models

Did they get attached too
I often wonder how did this go so wrong for me
Was it me? 
Can I change it 
Or is this too late
Is this my lesson
A don’t do that again

Lockdown messed us all up
Maybe that’s it
Reliance on ideas that aren’t even real
Reliance of helping others to fill voids
Voids caused by ignorance and fear
Of seeing the damage or my reality

I know I shouldn’t let this go on
But I wish it would never end..

I have been here before now I really think about it
After they move on to the next level 
I felt saddened by the silence left by their personalities and stories
Or their first nerve racking role play or presentation 
By that spark that went off when they understood the theory 

From the continued thank yous and praise of my support and guidance
But now I am left in that room of mine
The one which will soon be filled with new people from all walks of life

And just like my school days I feel proud but sad
They have come so far
So far 
And now they just move on 

No comments:

Post a Comment