Sunday 2 May 2021

Reset

So life has come in today and said I need to try harder for myself 
It says I’ve been slacking and that time is not on my side 
It tells me I need to listen hard and remember the advice like a tattoo I see everyday

I am not unfortunately here to save everyone they said
They said, I need to stop trying 
I will always be a good ear, I will always be here to share truth if help is needed
But the help won’t come from me
I will be the messenger in this remainder of my life

I try so hard to not become attached
But it’s like talking to me, comes natural 
I can’t stop myself from caring and to be honest that is me
So that can’t stop 
But
This is their life
This is their belief 
I can’t fix that 
I can’t change it

I have to trust I did ALL I could 
I taught them what I can pass on 
I educated them 
But now they are free
They can stay or fly away
They can make mistakes and decisions I don’t agree with
They can fall in love young and throw away potential
But they can
And they will
Nothing I have done will stop that 
I can’t change them

This is just a different way
We all have our faith
And this is theirs

Give them the help and time
Then wish them well
Wave goodbye
New ones are at the door


No comments:

Post a Comment