Friday 4 September 2015

Costa

Today I was sitting down
It was a comfy chair in the middle of a train wreck
People rushed around me with lives
Whilst I sat and sipped on my iced latte as I wished for time to pass quicker
I had an appointment so I was urging my life along
Who does that?
Is it because of my age that I'm always so impatient with the 24hr days or the working weeks all of a sudden
I mean come on now; they have always been this way in my lifetime and yet here I am moaning about them.
Hurry up clock, go faster
It's not a pleasant way at looking at life is it
Just think there could be someone begging for time right at this moment
As I type this to you now
Begging for another hour
Another minute
Another day
Another chance
A chance to do life right
What is right?
Is it the opposite of left?
Does it mean perfection
Who's right is it anyway
Who chooses what's right and what's wrong
That person who made you regret that one time
That ex who was mean
That friend who just walked on out
Who?
Was it you?
I mean it's your life right?
Shouldn't it only be you who judges you?
You who regrets?
You who is right
I digress
Where was I
That's it the coffee
The iced latte
The sipping
The ice cubes
The plates tapping and people queuing
All waiting for their hit
Hit of caffeine
More energy
More energy to fit more into their day
Their life is too fast
Yet I'm wishing time away
And guess what this only took 5mins to type out
Gutted
Still waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment