Sunday 5 July 2015

The wind changed direction

The room was silent
No one was left
All I could hear was the noise in my heart as it fell to the ground
I couldn't catch it anymore
I had lost all of my strength
I heard the things people said and each word smashed up a little more
I could see the way they looked at me
I could feel their hatred
I knew I wasn't enough
I never could have been
The roads outside just shut out the truth
They made it all seem so normal
They made me think it was too
Death happened in all sorts of ways
Not just a last gasp of air
But a last gasp of life
I didn't tell a soul
I sat alone in this room until the light shone through the windows
I left the mess
I left the past
I grabbed my coat and I walked away
I realised then that to stop this cycle
To prevent this continous stream of tears
I had to change
I had to try something different
And I had only myself to sort it

No comments:

Post a Comment