Thursday 9 July 2015

Terminal

Stopped the day
Held time tight
I knew this was it and I wasn't ready

I mean seriously who ever is?

They suggest a bucket list
You know think of all your dreams and desires and list them off like chores
Then quickly do them
Cuz that will fix it right?

What if you wish for life?
Time?
Marriage and kids?
Do these happen so quickly?
When the clock is counting down and you're scared to breathe too deep

She stayed up all night
It wasn't on her list but it was simple
She lay in her partners arms and the tears streamed
She just wanted to be held like this forever
To be kissed and cuddled and to never feel alone

When and if you have this time
What do you do with it?
You obsess over losing it
You worry over the ending
How it will happen
How you will go
How it will feel
Will you be alone

No ends of bucket lists or alcohol can dimmer this shriek in your heart
The fear in your eyes
This emptiness in your soul

I dreamed though
I got lost in them
I was stopping time
I held it so tight
I knew this was it and I was ready

No comments:

Post a Comment