Thursday 3 July 2014

The Curtain

'I saw it again tonight', I said to myself as I got home
this is not a figment of my imagination
I wondered, as I settled down for the night, if I would see it again tomorrow


*                               *                               *

It was a colder morning than we had got used to
it seemed like the sun would never leave us, after the summer we had just had
I was up and ready to leave for work
I walked down the familiar grounds of my neighbourhood fiddling with my headphone cord
muttering to myself about the meeting that I was chairing in a few short hours

Waiting at the lights I was approaching that house again
I was early so I slowed down my pace
It was coming up on my right
I stopped outside to tie my lace that was already sufficiently fastened
Nothing..
I put my bag down and started checking through my packed lunch, knowing full well it was all there
It moved
The curtain was moving
I didn't see anything the other side but with these net curtains what can you really see anyway
I heard a movement, they were walking towards me, towards the front door
I jolted, I grabbed my bag and ran... too scared to look back
too scared to even wonder

I was on the bus, I was listening to my chilled out album
when I was feeling anything but

No comments:

Post a Comment