Friday 4 July 2014

Insincerely Yours

I wont lie to you
these days my life has got tough
the level has increased and most days I struggle to finish my lap

but I take a moment
I think of all I have
I think of all the amazing moments I share with those I love

But it's these people that hurt me
I watch them walk with their loved "one"
there soul mates
as they get in their car
drop me here drop me there
and I am the singular
the one with the table for one
single return
double bed with one body

I know I have so much
but this gets me every time
like the round in a quiz i could never win
counting in evens
evens stevens
odds dont work
odds make the crowd
I'm the crowd
I'm the one alone
I am the one that strides on by on her way to her place to watch TV alone


I wont lie to you
these days my life has got tough
the level has increased and most days I struggle to finish my lap
but unlike most, I continue, I finish, by myself
Me, Myself and I are one hell of a force to be reckoned with.





No comments:

Post a Comment