Sunday 6 July 2014

Not as Much as We Would Like

Tell me, when you looked at it what did you see?
I sit down next to you and I take your hand
We just absorb the silence
The area is just trees and grass and the height of our world is in all its glory

I exhale slowly and I watch the grass blow on my feet
I try ever so not to disturb you
I can see you lost in thoughts

I wasn't ever here to stop the pain
I was here to ease it though
I am trying ever so not to disturb you
I can see you are thinking hard

Tell me, what do you see when you look down the bank of these hills?
When the birds utter noises in our direction
as the wind is trying ever so not to disturb you
we all know you are lost in your heart

Time has passed slowly for us all today
but we wouldn't want it any other way
for we came to visit the memories and we came to remember you
The clouds stayed white and bright above
No rain today...

He must of known
You are so quiet though Mum
the tears have fallen down your cheeks
You are fixated on the ground
I hold your hand tighter
I tell you I am here
I am trying ever so to be here for you
and forever I shall be

No comments:

Post a Comment