Sunday 25 May 2014

I don't fit like I used to

I thought I had lost you
all bundled up together and sealed with regret
went on a mission for 10 years
and then boom... least expect it and you were found
I read the words you wrote to me
how you felt for me and it hurts
but it hurts for the good
it was nice to know I was wanted so much
loved so much
needed, liked, adored

I thought I had lost you
your face had become blurred
you were in dreams now and then but blurred
now I had you
the seal had been broken 
there was no longer a feeling of regret
I didn't miss you
I had just forgotten
been so many places since
it felt weird to know you had ever happened
but you had
you were a big deal back in the day
now you are just a face, and words wrapped up in past
in a drawer in my bedroom
I thought I had lost you
I had.. I have
you no longer mean what you did....

Nothing does.

No comments:

Post a Comment