Saturday 30 November 2013

The Train.

Walking towards the station he was leaving from, 
the bags seem heavier leaving than they were when he arrived 
I am scared to look at him, to see his eyes, for I know he will show me the tears
the train would be here soon and I didn't know how to be
it was like my first day in my own body
the feelings were warped

it was getting colder as it was that time of year
the one when the gloves come out and the wind cuts you 
silence was all we could muster
silence was all we deserved

The train arrived and with it, it brought the leaves and hustle and bustles of lives
people were jumping out of every door, pushing past each other with their places to be 
rushing off to join the lives that were awaiting their arrivals
me and him just stood still, like statues, motionless even if our hearts were breaking
with a lump in my throat, I turned to him and wished him a safe journey
I handed him his bags as he stepped into the open door 
his life was awaiting his arrival and mine was here still
stiller than it had ever felt

Off blew the whistle and the train chugged off down the track
I could barely see his eyes as I strained to keep our lock as all the things I should have said and done crashed around my head
only 10 minutes ago, we had been walking towards the station
and now here I was leaving it alone
off back to my life 
him off to his... 

No comments:

Post a Comment