Sunday 3 November 2013

Leaving

Take it all, don't even stop 
I want you to leave me with nothing
don't look alarmed, it's not like this is the first time really is it?
don't ever tell me you've been there
don't ever tell me you have truly cared
because here we are sat together and you can't even find the words to fix all the mess
the mess, I should add, you created

Wondering around the streets at night is something I often think about doing

I think that if I wonder long enough I might find the one thing I am looking for
You want to know what that is?
I couldn't tell you if my life depended on it
all I know is, I have yet to find it

I don't need the people who think I need them

I need the people that are the first things I think about as I wake
I want those that want to road trip with me till dawn

I know that they will always help themselves

they will take so many helpings it leaves nothing for anybody new
they take it all but want nothing
it is one of those things I have never understood

I work out sometimes so hard the body is left feeling numb

I turn the music louder to block you all out
I push myself so hard that sometimes I am surprised with my own capabilities
I always hit the target though, I never give up 
I am so much stronger than even I care to acknowledge
the mess, I should add, you created
but I left it with you - I walked away a long time ago 
Don't put your shit on my shoulders, I have enough to carry 

No comments:

Post a Comment