Saturday 23 November 2013

It's Nothing To Write Home About

Its nothing and it never was
the page was never written on 
I imagined the ink as it marked out the words together forever and I thought I felt the feelings
however, it was all just pretend and a way to kill time
and I am the one left with that look on my face
I am glad though, that I finally do know 
and although it is a kind of I told you so - I will finally pack up my shit and go go
I will look in the mirror and I will see the pain caused show in my eyes
I will see the tears I've cried for you glow in the dark
I will feel ashamed
I will wish it was a joke
I will pray nobody noticed

Its nothing and it never was
everybody wanted a piece of the cake that never existed
people would gather and laugh and joke yet the guest would never appear
the party would go on all through the night
people would drink and chatter
we would all say we were here, here to show them they were the most important
yet the most important made no effort at all to even open the door
even tell us that we mattered
just hear what you wanna hear
think what you wanna think 
believe in the fairy-tales and magic if you really want to
your choice right?

If it was how it should be, people would be honest from day 1 
not drag us around in this fashion so we can all think this and that
look stupid in the end
and feel that shame almost drown us
just you know.. be honest, say what we mean, mean what we say
I honestly don't wanna worry you 
but I felt this and had to divulge
it would just weigh me down otherwise
plus one day I hope to read it back and realise
that I am right, was right and will remember this insight
Fuck You - to all those liars out there, those people who couldn't really give a shit
I really couldn't care about your lives any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment