Friday 16 August 2013

Funny.... Really...

It's funny how they say you gotta get up
You gotta get up and try again
Sometimes it can be so difficult... The tears are just falling on auto
You take that deep breath in as they say to, you feel light headed
Faint at the reality of your situation

I entwine myself into peoples bodies as I hug away the pain
I squeeze people so hard these days - I never used to
I hold on for my life - I still feel scared to let go
I look up at the eyes of the person I am with
- Their kindness overwhelms me

I want to scream so loud some nights, - alone - that would be effort in vain
I want to put on my coat and just run away in the direction of carefree
I wake up some mornings and the way I am living astounds me
paying bills, making money, getting by..

It is funny how they say what don't kill you makes you stronger
- how many times I have wished to die for ease
I know it isn't right to, but here is my confession
I am scared a lot of the time... I look back and to, back and to
I approach with caution, I feel weak if I remember my past, I cry so hard sometimes I want to be sick, I look up to my parents and wish they could help.. I realise one day... they won't be able to..
I miss things before they happen, I spend so much time stressing, I over-think and always have - But they say, "Kim, that's part of being you!"

I sometimes wish I could hide under my duvet all day,
I countdown to the weekend too often...
I will never do as you want me to

I look at my reflection and wish I was doing more with myself
The smile is there just the passion for the work I do... lacks somewhat

To end, it's funny really...
How easy it is to say do something and to actually do it
To put something into motion takes time, as they all say
but once you do, keep going...
You gotta get up and try again, keep calm and carry on
No such thing as failing...

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."



No comments:

Post a Comment