Sunday 24 February 2013

Streams and Skies

Arriving at the destination I have always dreamt of
Looking out at the world I have created
My breathing is halted by the anticipation of seeing your faces again
I can barely contain the tears as they stream down my face
I search for all the strength in the skies above me and I feel my heart sore
Moments pass so slowly although its been such little time as I wait there patiently
I can feel your presence, I do recognise your smell
I am overwhelmed with disbelief that this is happening
You are all stood there in front of me, like angels
Smiling and so happy to have me
I hug them like its the last time, overjoyed that it wont be
We catch up on all that we've missed and share the troubles and triumphs
We can talk all day but the sky is still high and bright

Streams pour water in the surroundings down the hills of my imagination
The sky so high and blue and still...
A moment alone, I start to think of all this time,
Of all their faces and stories and memories
Like a bullet it hits me hard
Why I am here
Why I can see them
For I have joined them
I have left them below and now I am floating through my afterlife
They have all been waiting and watching and hoping and praying
I am here, I miss the life... But I will enjoy the after.





No comments:

Post a Comment