Sunday 9 September 2012

Thought I had it...

out of breath, screeching to a halt
trainers all scuffed and laces out
scared to look behind me but know that I must
to know that I am shot of her and all that past 
I clean the smudges from my glasses and fix up my top
tucking it back into my skinny jeans and thinking OMG

I lean against the cold brick wall, that's still wet from the rain
I bend down slowly to tuck in my laces to stop me falling again
I stand up and prepare myself for what could be
just behind me, all around me

As I move slowly trying to hold my breath in fear
I feel a tap on my shoulder
OMG she's found me
I brace myself for the inevitable and pray silently that this cannot be

But I'm out of luck
having been on the run for so long
I have to now realise the truth
let it storm the surroundings and drag up all it can
like a twister or a tornado
with me in the spiral

She reaches out and touches my cheek
catching the tears rolling down my face
she whispers ever so silently, I am surprised I can even hear
the words soothe all of my pain and with it they take all the shame
they wrap me up warm and protect me 
my eyes catch glimpse of what she looks like
the guardian angel who followed me
like my personal shadow 
my head moves round slowly, worlds spinning
wow, I think to myself, as I catch my breath
this was not who I expected at all
for who she is, knocks me for six,
for who she is, is me 

No comments:

Post a Comment