Wednesday 8 August 2012

Rap Tingz

Not ever seeing the way it is all to be 
really to be with you and to be with me
and if you and me are ever meant to really see
how we could be 
how we should be 
would it change us?


trying so hard to keep hold of our dreams
those we shared back in the day
the days when life was easy no responsibility, everything carefree
just you and me 
easy, no cares you see

when we look forward we look back
when we think of growing up, we wish of moving back
to being the one without a mortgage or a HP car 
or a marriage or kids or anything at all
and not saying that we don't want we got now but that what we were has flown by too fast
and some things we forget
and sometimes we lose 
you and me, me and you 
sometimes we lose

I don't want to get all low you know
so I wont go on
too much anyway
too much gets you nowhere
too much gets you crying and wailing and moving back too fast
dragging it all up and taking it with you
and just carrying this baggage for years for no reason
with no purpose
just crying over me and you
you and me
we were an us, you can see
in the pictures we are there
too young girls, no cares in the world
just living and loving and getting through our life
and not really thinking too much of the future
and not wishing away our days spent in offices
or wishing we had more holiday days
but complaining that six weeks got boring
and missing our girlfriends when away in Wales
and then just being a couple that rowed
and fell out
and broken hearts
and shouting, and alcohol and moving on 
and closure
and now we see
we see and we remember 
we turn over the pages 
we are shown the flashbacks for times when our memory fails us
when we cant remember the whys and the ifs
that we were an us
now we are a you
and I am a me
long time since we have seen 
time flies by faster
catching moments
Kodak moments
never forgotten moments
this is just how it used to be



INSPIRATION- days off work when you are ill, times to think, old photos, teenage years.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment