Sunday 19 August 2012

Not The Same






Lets just take a moment and think about what's happened
in our lives the changes and the cries
in our eyes the secrets and the fear
nothing left to make it that way again


Lets not forget the moment it all came out
how you burst and just threw and spat it out
not a cloud in the sky when the words left your mouth
your heart leaped and skipped beats as the words resound


Not a robot to my fears of fitting in
not a shadow of the me that has tried to be 
nothing wants to be said over and over
no tears are cried for it either


I wont let it out of my sight now I've caught it
I wont forget how it was found
I am thinking about the moment it happened
and I am trying so hard to not let that out


Too many people will tell you you're wrong
and too many people will try to bully you
and too many people are just small minded animals
but that's not a problem of yours 


I type it all and I see so clearly
like I could remove my glasses and see everything
like the details are etched so deep now its the prettiest thing I have ever seen
my reflection is real, and strong and true


thank you for helping me find it
for leading me along the path 
the path I stepped off for years
but the one that's freed me and saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment