Thursday 26 July 2012

Finding The Calm

It wasn't how you said it would be 
to be free and to be near the sea
to be looking out at the crashing waves
to feel the fear and worries fall away


I smelt the sea air and it took me to a place
a place in my head that I could never forget
it was a protected sanctum and it covered me well
and it reminded me I was young and that my life would be swell


I can remember the sea and the people surfing 
and the beach sands so warm to the touch and clean and almost white
I can hear the laughter and I see people smiling and so happy
I put down my towel and book and sunnies


I lie down and I soak up the sun
the rays falling hard, colouring us in with its tanning power


Ice cream and beers, and chips and cigarettes
campfires, cocktails, hangovers, sun tanning
great weather, family times, new friends, late nights,
sun setting, clear skies, chilled out mind, bike rides
eating out, barbecues, oysters, champagne, 
ferry crossings, cramped cars, family fights, great nights,
be the person that you are
be reckless whilst young
wake with heavy heads but wild memories
make life fun as before you know it, you are an adult... 




**** this was written on the weekend just gone... ****

No comments:

Post a Comment