Sunday 19 November 2023

Through the rain

Get up even in the cold rooms 
Heating is not needed today
For today you are leaving 
The bags piled high in what was once a happy love filled room 
The clothes strewn on the bed as you decide what you want right now and what can wait 
The cats sit in boxes on the floor watching you 
Tears fall

This has got to be a joke right 
Sick little joke that no one laughs at
Just awkward silence filling the air 

But no, no it’s not
It’s real
The rings that once sat around my fingers showing devotion and commitment are now boxed up and cold
The fingers look bare and alone
Like I felt those nights before the final sentence was given on our whole relationship 
The history was not even given in evidence 
It was just decision made and case closed 
No desire to fight for it 
No desire to change the sentence or even negotiate 
You were done and the finality of it all was so cold, so stern and so emotionless

I have spent some time building my heart and mind back up 
Like my life hasn’t been tough enough after the big C crashed the party last year 
Leaving behind a tumour that would threaten my life 
With treatment that would push me to the brink 
With insomnia and pain being the shadow that followed me for days and weeks after 

But no you had more up your sleeve 
Like the magic show turn horror
You had more to serve
The end of a marriage and a life I had come to rely on so heavily through all these chaotic paths I was being led upon 

I could barely catch my breath at moments 
They would drag me from my gravity and hurl me into such dismay 
Those two beauts looking at me with questions 
My cats were my crutch through it all 
Those long days that never ended, in pain and isolation were warmed by their presence 
And now I’m without that 

I sit with my whole life in boxes and bags 
Charity aplenty as I shed my past
As I shed my skin 
As I rebuild my heart and soul 
As my gut screams loud with I told you so 
The lights from cars break my stare 
The lights in my garden which once brought some peace, now bring fear 
For I am now to rebuild 
Rebuild in my weakest chapter 
Rebuild as my body fights this illness 
Rebuild my life 
Choose my new home 
Choose my new life 
Find myself once more 


I know I will 
My higher self always had my back 
She has never left my side 
I do not feel alone because I am not 
This is a fight for my life 
A fight for my smile and happiness 
My heart will be ok 

My family gather together and protect me 
They collect me and my possessions and they fit them in
They create the security and protection that I want and need 
They hug me tight 
They give me the warmth and support that I always needed
That I always had

My pooches will be with me soon 
My life is in build mode 
I have unlimited choices 

When one door closes 
Another becomes ajar 
I will be ok 
I trust in my creator 
And that creator is me 

No comments:

Post a Comment