Wednesday 7 June 2023

Mr Moo



My mum has always talked about Crispin her GR from when she was young
But I’d never been a dog person because we’d always had cats
They say you are either one or the other 
But after almost 8 years with our pooch I’m both.

I can remember meeting him at our childhood home 
P was with me and she was so happy to see a dog again 
I don’t know why but I felt nervous of his arrival 

God knows why 

Mr moo was my guide for a long time when I was lost 
He was my get out of bed call and I was taken in by his presence 
When I walked him during a difficult year he made me feel ok and safe 
He never pooed in places he shouldn’t with me 
He sat with me on a hill after my ankle gave way and waited whilst in pain I cried 
He wouldn’t let go of a dead rat this one time 
He was running at people in the park with this half eaten rat 

I remember him being trained as a puppy 
And always running at me when I came over 
I told him so much 
He has this look that tells me not only is he listening to every word but that I matter 
What I’m saying matters 

I saw him last weekend 
He was so excited to see me 
He jumped up to me and I was annoyed I was in white 
Why is it I have the stupid thoughts at such good times?
I asked him if he knew about my illness 
His look was deep and almost sympathetic 
I brushed him for hours 
That’s what I did
I got him cute toys treats and brushed out his knots
I used to stand him up to dance with him 
Get him to give me two paws 
And gave him head massages 
This time even a shoulder one 


I never wanted to say good bye to such a friendly dog and absolute anchor to our family 

But my illness is something else we share

Along with some of the best walks I’ve ever had 
He was such a supportive companion
And he gave me such strength at my lowest times 
I am forever grateful to Dystran for being part of our family and to us all a real anchor and rock in some of the hardest years of our lives 

Mr Moo 
I will never forget you
Wish this wasn’t your time 

PS wish I’d been with you in France 🇫🇷 
Those walks we could have gone on 


No comments:

Post a Comment