Thursday 16 September 2021

You are off the hook now … so leave it there

When we all attend your evening do ensure you arrive on time
For we are here for a show of our life

We are not often concerned with the drama outside the remit of our own worlds but of late that has been my soul draining time
I have struggled with the intensity of the existence of others in my sights 

I cannot fix them 
I have realised after a long endurance test that I cannot physically or emotionally fix them all 
And the most significant lesson is that I didn’t have to
It was never my job 
Never my purpose
Never my calling

If I am to succeed and survive this current damp spell I am to stop thinking I need to 
How could I possibly 
When would it end
I need to see it for what it is
Give them what my title deems acceptable and forward them on
Instruct them of the services available 

Then when the day is drawing to a close
When the lessons are over
Sign off 
Let go and switch off
Don’t leave myself in stand by for the inevitability of that mistake
The messages the concerns the support 
I will never meet my own demands so why start the eternal spiral of disappointment 

Let them know I did my utmost 
Record the words accurately 
Then collect my bags and coat
And leave 

No comments:

Post a Comment