Thursday 16 September 2021

Sequel

I am not sure how I feel right now
I look out to the room I am sat and I am surrounded by boxes filled with our life
The life that we have had these passed 18months
Through a global pandemic
An existence that has no words that support the emotion encapsulating the world we were in 
We taught here 
In confined spaces during a life that took lives 
Daily news updates talking through our tv 
Death tolls rising 
And this house feeling smaller 
Cramped and claustrophobic 
But together 
Sometimes it felt like we were so alone here 
Confined to such proximity
But some days our voices gave each other hope

Now we are both sat boxes piled up high 
Pictures in bubble wrap
A life left sealed from one house to the next
A feeling and reality I could not even see
A time where we didn’t know what would be
2020 being one of the hardest years in my life
Psychologically and emotionally 

Now a new dawn 
A new page
The series of KP continues 
We have subscriptions to life
We have dreams and a desire to achieve them 

Watch us as we close off another building 
Left with memories we shall remember and memories we will shut away 
Memories nevertheless 

Onwards and upwards
Carpe Diem 

No comments:

Post a Comment