Saturday 18 September 2021

Long road behind us … more roads ahead

We sold our house on the day it was advertised officially
We didn’t expect it to be so quick and so when it was full asking price we were probably not ready
Turns out the offer came from a lady who happened to get in to view it because she saw the for sale sign and tried her luck.. she was never booked in
22 viewings were cancelled thereafter and we started looking… hard
Both working full time and me now fully into the numb pill our weekends were consumed by addresses and specs of our ideal flavour

We changed our mind a few times
Pulled out weeks before completion for our dream new build over quality
And in the end we were forced to rent or fear losing our purchaser after she’d waited 6months 

Renting has been hard 
It’s a weird one for me to return back to the dead money market but we were forced and had two kittens to think about 

We were also tied into a year long contract and moved during the global pandemic 
Life was not normal for anyone

The time here has been strained and me no longer on numbing pills I have grown to resent it 
We have tried and failed to find anything and also worried we’d be stuck being in contract and then having a house purchase too
Trust me, if I could worry about it I was and it was not getting easier

Today we are moving out
Finally that house we had wanted existed and although not in an area we had envisaged for health pandemic and to have what little family I have now here, it was the right fit
I had suggested being close to my in-laws as I have always been grounded by family and missed that 

The feeling of owning a house again is a blissful one and to not be held by some old twats rules is surreal
Let’s be honest here, I am not a fan of being told what to do in my own place

It will be a long weekend for all the wrong reasons those being stress no patience and little sleep but it’s a small price to pay for peace of mind 
To know the walls doors and floors are yours 
And to know your paying into a building you will own

Adulting was never easy
It was a force to be reckoned with
Much more than broken hearts and teenage hangovers 
But I’m happy to say I’m still learning from mistakes 

Life is not here for bruise free paths
But more to laugh when you fall and pick yourself back up

Ps wish us luck 🍀 

No comments:

Post a Comment