Tuesday 2 July 2019

Abandoned2

Waking up to the sun-kissed fields
Moist to the touch from the morning dew
Wishing I had not continued the argument that resulted in me ending up here
For its an easy thing to say, how you wish you could turn back that clock but even the strongest god in history has struggled with those two arms on the circle of time
I am not sure what to do with myself as I lay sprawled out on this drenched blanket in the clothes I have worn for several nights
I have no money or battery on my phone
I do not really recognise my whereabouts so to simply walk home is not an option I can choose

When did I become so immature
Surely through age you learn from experiences and to have a row with the one in control is never going to end in your favour
But I knew all this and yet I dug my heels deeper into the ground forcing an eruption of abuse and disray only to wake up here, weather beaten and hungry, exhausted even after sleep and lost
Abandoned in this patch of land in the middle of anywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment