Saturday 16 June 2018

Battle life

Should I be broken
Should I give up
Is that what they want
Would that make them happy
Would that give them self worth

Is this all just child's play
Playing that game
Knowing that in the end somebody always gets burned
Somebody always gets hurt

For I finished games a long time ago
I grew up
Probably older than my years but that was my choice
My path my opportunity
I grew roots and I maintained my foundation
I didn't pick it out the ground
Rip it up through my fingers and throw it away
I kept my roots and I maintained my stance
Even in this weather
This turbulent time has tested me
It's pushed my roots with such force
The wind has ruined my flowers
But I have not given up
I've tried to but I've been reminded of my path
My growth
My experiences
I won't let them win

Should I be broken
Should I give up
Is that what they want

Oh well
Not their life
This is mine
I will withstand any fire
Any storm that brews
Even if I'm left as nothing but a stalk with deep roots digging deep and holding themselves up
I will remain
I will not give in
This battle is not over

No comments:

Post a Comment