Monday 29 December 2014

Not always a walk in't park

steep hills surround the views and I struggle to see the skies above me
I have been walking for days and I just keep finding the same places
I cant seem to get any further away
so much for letting my circle grow
I have forgotten how to communicate so I fear I will see another soul here
my feet are in agony and the pain becomes an ache
I am just so tired of this mission you have put me on
I always pushed my own boundaries
pushed my own thresholds, only to be left in the cold
struggling to say I told you so
faces arrive in dreams and turn the light to dark
chase myself up the hills, teach myself lessons
run from the night, avoid the fright
avoid the hurt for so long I become the pain
tripping up on the grounds
that dark I cant see
rain decides to start pouring
it soaks the earth around me
it makes it harder to walk
I keep falling and no one helps me up
I am drowning in the night
the walk is just getting steeper and steeper
I have had enough
my patience has worn thin
I want to scream but I cant make a sound
I want this to stop
it isn't a dream that I can wake from
it is real life
it is tough and at times it feels hopeless
the fears whisper tales of dread on a daily
its our job to filter them
accept the bullshit and carry on
steep hills surround the views and I struggle to see the skies
but I continue in my search, because I know, one day I will be on top.

1 comment:

  1. You always manage to give me goosebumps, I love that I feel I can relate to the words you write, you leave me feeling inspired.

    ReplyDelete