Sunday 13 October 2013

Here I go

Here we go, the day has started again
the sky is above us, your mind is full
the steps are harder to climb - not like they were
here I go, hold my hand, you might need to convince me to go inside
I don't know why I'm here sometimes

I see all their faces for the last time, 
I could cry but I won't 
I think about their futures and what this will all mean to us
I try and catch my thoughts as they spiral out of control
I feel nervous

I think about the weekend and how the other side will be new
how the hour will be earlier and I will be out and about
I will be smarter and become a new chapter
I will close this one down now, and just carry those things I need
I am scared

I know this will be a new exciting time 
I look forward to all it will mean
I refresh my brain and cleanse my mind
I packed away all of the troubles and put them away
I don't need that negative any more

The door closes, I have left, I feel relief and sadness entwine me
but I am okay, I have said goodbye lots before
I don't stay still forever
years count on by and I wish to evolve with the times 
I hold up my head, smile at the sky, I will never go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment