Monday 1 July 2013

Stolen Shadows

I look over at the chair that was once yours
and the things surrounding it bring the tears... knowing that you no longer appear at my door
I try with my might to keep the memories alive as people pass on through 
It is just one of those feelings that never goes away
Sullenly it follows you around like a stolen shadow from the past...
Bringing back the times you were about 
Here's me wishing they will always last

See, nothing can be done about the whats been and gone
and I don't find typing it out ridding it
I just know that in my heart I have no regrets and all is as it should be
It's just one of those things when it matters to you
You know that somewhat annoying emotion known as care 
and the even more uncontrollable love
It has its way of worming inside you and turning you into something new 
Something better and brighter and ever so happier..

Stolen shadows to me means taking the things that don't fit the picture
Like dragging a shot from a film and putting it some place newer
In life I am finding my way but I am also seeing that not all can come with me 
It's almost like the people you ask for directions.. they cant move with you
I have these ideals that I can steal the shadows
Make the times reappear 
Freeze it over and watch it some more before I close the door 
But I cant 
No one can

Not a saddened ending though I must explain 
I am not looking to grab emotion again
I just wish to divulge in my thoughts as they come 
Introduce you to my ways 
and just say how I miss the people who no longer stop by 
Those left in another shot 
Those stolen shadows must all stay as they were 
As I continue on my life and my plot.  


No comments:

Post a Comment