Tuesday 16 July 2024

Navigate 🧭

I talk about you more
Remember our little things 
The things only we knew 
Angela rayner from redditch 
The cat lingo 
Our little ways, the love language we had embedded into 8years
Never did make it to 10 did we 
I always thought we’d make it to forever 
That was before we changed 
Before life threw the curve balls
They didn’t curve our life though did they 
Came flying at us, at a rate
A rate of knots
Took us out thrown into the abyss
Winded for months 
The agony and pain never did heal properly 
Sealed but never the same 
Healed but never the same feeling 
Numbed in parts 
The eyes didn’t glimmer 
Not like they used to 
They had dulled out 

We didn’t trust anymore 
The hugs weren’t as deep as they once were 
The safety had gone 
The forever had ended 
The love was lost 

All before my news 
All before my news deepened the loss
Spread the love thinner 
Less to try for 
I’d never be me again 
Not the me you’d met in Starbucks 
You’d never be that woman I had met 
The one I tore my walls down for 
Bared it all for your eyes
For you to disregard me in years to come

I don’t know where my walls are any more
They got destroyed in the storm that took with it the possessions 
The memories torn off the walls like rubble 
Pictures that told stories 
That captivated smiles and laughter 
So many sunsets had we witnessed 
In our loving embrace 
So happy to have found each other 
Told the story of our love 
The impossible match 
The excitement of dates 
The safety all wrapped up in you 
I hung on to your every word 
I got lost in your eyes
Did anything to make you smile 
Changed my whole life for you 

So yeah I’m talking about us more these days 
I’m telling the stories as the pain begins to soften 
For I have grieved for so much 
This past year or more has been so difficult 
But without you by my side 
It’s taken some time 
Time to adjust 
I’m still learning my own path 
My own direction 
There is only one set of footprints now
And I know sooner rather than later, I will stop looking for yours …. 

No comments:

Post a Comment